Hello everyone! It’s already autumn now. Missing summer? Missing BBQ? All you need is a grill pan and you can do BBQ in your kitchen. 🙂
It might take longer time than other dishes I posted before as you need to prepare and marinate chicken and the vegetables. Also, Grilling them can take another half an hour. However, when everything is ready, you’ll feel it’s worth it. Considering it might take up to 1-2 hours to make this dish, it’s better to make it during the weekends. Why not inviting some friends and calling summer back home?
Now let’s see what we need. (portion suggested for 4 people)
- Zucchini (one)
- Aubergine (one)
- Bell peppers (two)
- Cherry tomatoes (200g)
- Chicken breast (300g)
- Olive oil (35g)
- Cooking wine (a couple of tea spoons)
- Garlic (4 cloves)
- Lemon (if you like)
- Paprika powder
- Black pepper
- Garlic (fresh or dried)
Preparation and marinating the ingredients
- Cut each peace of chicken breast into 2 thinner layers.
- Brush each side with cooking wine and then with olive oil.
- Spread salt and the spices (parsley, oregano, paprika powder & black pepper) on one side. Then put the garlic on it. Repeat the same procedure on the other side.
- Cover it with foil, put it into the fridge and marinate it for half an hour.
Zucchini, Bell pepper and cherry tomato
- Cut zucchini into thin slices, bell pepper into small stripes, and wash the cherry tomatoes (as the picture above). As for aubergine, it absorbes oil very well, so I’m going to marinate it separately later.
- Put these vegetables into a bowl and put the spices in (parsley, oregano, salt, paprika powder, black pepper and a bit of grinded garlic), and don’t forget olive oil (around 5 teaspoons).
- Mix everything well afterwards.
- Put the bowl in the fridge and marinate for 30 mins (covered with foil).
- Cut aubergine into slices.
- Brush a thin layer of olive oil onto each slice and then spread some salt on them.
- Put the same spices as before on each of the slices.
- At the end, stock the pieces in top of each other and press them a bit so that the spices get stuck to the other side of the slices.
- Put them in the fridge (covered with foil) for half an hour like the other vegetables.
- First of all, spread a thin layer of olive on the grill and heat it using 3/6 fire for around 5 mins.
- Change fire to 5/6, wait another minute and put the chicken breast on.
- Lift it up from time to time to make sure it doesn’t get stuck to the grill.
- When you see there are strips appearing on the chicken breast, put marinated aubergine, zucchini and bell pepper on. Make sure at least one side of them touches the grill so don’t put too many vegetables on. (You can use the chicken breast and vegetables left one more time.)
- When one side of chicken breast turns gold with clear strips from the grill, turn it over and grill the other side. Again, check from time to time to make sure it doesn’t stuck.
- When both sides of chicken breast are done, move them to the sides of the grill pan and put aubergine pieces in the middle and other vegetables. Turn the vegetables over from time to time to make sure they don’t get burned.
- When you see golden or yellow strips on the vegetables, they are ready to serve.
Tip: The procedure I described above id good for two people as it is time-efficient (I marinated chicken breast and vegetables and had them for both lunch and dinner for two people). If you wanna grill all the ingredients at one time, you can also grill the chicken breast pieces together and then the vegetables. However, remember to wash the grill a bit as there will be something burned from the chicken being left. If you are afraid the chicken breast or the vegetables might get cold when you grill something else, you can also put them back on the grill to heat a bit. 🙂
With everything cooked, why not adding some garlic bread? As for how to make garlic bread, please click here to visit my other post “Garlic Bread – Easier and Better Than You Can Imagine”.
Thanks you for visiting my post and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.