I, myself, love garlic bread and I know a lot of people also do. However, is it difficult to make it at home? Surely not as I just made it in 20 mins. 🙂 The good thing about garlic bread is,that it can be used in various occasions. First of all, appetizers, of course. Besides, it can be used as the base for sandwiches. 🙂 For example, you make two pieces of garlic bread and then you can put something in between (ham, bacon, pepper etc.). Also, you can make salad or fried chicken etc. and use garlic bread simply as sides.
Today I cooked two kinds of garlic bread, with and without cheese. If you like crunchy garlic bread I suggest without cheese, but if you’re a cheese lover, garlic bread covered with cheese is equally great.
As usual, let’s start with the necessary ingredients first. 🙂
- Balloon bread (4 pieces)
- Butter (40g)
- Dried garlic (certain amount) — You can use either powder or larger bits — I don’t really use fresh garlic because it’s a little bit spicy.
- Salt (certain amount)
- Soft cheese (certain amount)
- Olive oil (a little bit)
Now let’s start making. 🙂
- Take 40g butter out of the fridge and wait till it gets soft (around 10-15 mins depending on the room temperature) and make marks on it so we can divide it equally later.
- Cut the balloon bread into half and remember, don’t use hard balloon bread as it will not be very easy to chew it in the end.
- When you feel the butter is soft enough, cut it according to the marks and spread each piece on each bread.
- Spread equally one thin layer of dried garlic (depending on how strong you want the flavor to be) on each piece of the bread.
- Spread a little salt on each piece of the bread.
- Drop 2-3 drops of olive oil in the middle of each piece.
- Add soft cheese on top if you like. (You can also add some black pepper if you want.)
With everything ready, now turn on the oven and set the temperature to 200 °C. When the oven is ready, put the bread in and bake for 7-10 mins. Watch closely after 7 mins still the surface of the bread gets golden. If it’s not adequately baked, the garlic bread will be too soft, and of course if it’s baked too long, it’s burned…
After around 7-10 mins, just take it out and don’t hurry. 🙂 Let it cool down for 3-5 mins so the surface gets crunchy. 🙂 And now, just enjoy it with your salad or roasted chicken or beef steak or whatever you want. 🙂