Hello everyone! When I first heard of Blausee, I heard it from my friend Julia. She sent me pictures and since then I’ve always wanted to go. When I first saw the pictures, I feel that it looks like Jiuzhaigou National Park in the north of Sichuan Province, China. However, in China Jiuzhaigou is too far from where I live so I’ve never been there. Now this time in Switzerland, I decided I have to go there.
Blausee is located in the Kander Valley between Frutigen and Kandersteg. If you start from Zürich, it takes around 2 hours to go there by car and more than 3 hours to go there by public transport.
Wherever you start your journey, you need to take a train to either Frutigen or Kandersteg and then take a bus to bus stop “Blausee BE”. The trains and buses are well connected so don’t worry that you might need to wait at the train stations for a long time.
When you get off, remember Blausee is actually in the Blausee Nature Park and there are closing time and ticket control. However, in winter season, entry to the park is free. I strong suggest that you choose a sunny day to visit as it looks amazing in the sunshine. You can also stay here for one or two nights as there are hotels and restaurants.
Here are some photos that I took and afterwards I’ll add the entry tickets prices and opening hours.
The Blausee Nature Park is open year-round from 9:00 – 17:00 (in the season until 21:00)
Entry fees from 24 March till 5th October 2016:
- adults: CHF 7.-
- children up to 5 years enter for free
- 6 to 15 years: CHF 3.-
- groups over 10 persons: CHF 5.50 per person
- groups over 30 persons: CHF 5.- per person
- groups over 50 persons: CHF 4.- per person
- Reduced entry fees from 5 p.m.
Reduced entry fees during “FISHING AT BLAUSEE” from 6th till 26th October 2016:
- adults: CHF 3.50
- 6 to 15 years: CHF 1.50
- up to 5 years and fishers enter for free
- no other reductions, without boat trip
What you can do here in Blausee Nature Park? You can take a boat trip on the lake with a glass-bottom boat, you can walk around the lake as we as the romantic walkways, you can eat and do a BBQ in the picnic areas with fireplaces and firewood. There’s also playground for kids and Souvenir shop with organic trout products and gift. Oh! Don’t forget to have a walk in the trout farm and along the Kander river, with the snowy mountain as background, you can stand on the bridge and listen to the water flowing from far away and high above.
- The boat trip (until 5 p.m.), visit of the organic trout farm, use of kids playground and the fireplaces with firewood are included in the entry fee.
- The park entry is free during winter. Barbeque area and playground are closed. The parking is chargeable.
- Dogs on a leash are welcome inside the park.
Thank you for reading my post. I wish you a nice time in Blausee – A world of its own. 🙂
a world of its own! 标题赞~！